What Type of Equipment is Used to Resolve Flood Damage Issues in Frederick?
Remediation Services in Frederick Employ a Wide Range of Equipment to Handle Your Floodwater-Related Damage.
Strong storms in the Frederick area sometimes cause flooding, especially in the spring and during hurricane season. Regular seasonal storms are often at fault, but they are not the only potential culprits of raging floodwaters. Although it is well inland, the city still suffers the yearly effects of powerful coastal storms that can drop torrents of rain in exceedingly short periods of time. Knowing when and where storm-related flooding is going to occur is not always that easy to predict. Weather forecasts are often unreliable and compounding factors can exacerbate storm effects, causing high waters in unexpected areas. When such disasters strike, flood damage cleanup and restoration companies like SERVPRO employ certain tools.
What Specific Equipment Does SERVPRO Use?
When floods occur, the damage they cause is usually quite severe. So, flood damage companies in Frederick, including SERVPRO, use the most powerful state-of-the-art equipment available to effectively deal with it. Some advanced tools we have at our disposal are:
- Moisture sensors/meters that detect and measure moisture in baseboards, walls, carpets, and household contents
- Thermohygrometers to evaluate the moisture content of your home’s air and provide related measurements
- Powerful extractors to rapidly vacuum up standing liquids
- Trash pumps for removing water with trash and other particulate matter in it
- Dehumidifiers that dry the air in your home’s interior
- Air movers that aid interior and content drying
- Injectidry systems that remove moisture from difficult-to-reach areas behind ceilings and walls
- High-tech foggers to inject fungicides, disinfectants, and deodorants into even the most hard-to-reach places
Why are Trash Pumps Often Necessary to Remove Frederick Floodwaters?
Many times, regular extractors are simply not enough to take on floodwaters. This is because such waters usually contain trash and other things that would likely clog up these devices. On-the-other-hand, trash pumps can easily suction up both standing water and this particulate matter without getting clogged.
With all this said, remember that help is available if you ever experience flood damage. When you need help, contact SERVPRO of Frederick County at (301) 662-1747.
Click here for more information about Frederick.