Our Water Damage Experts Will Extract Water From Your Frederick Home
Possible Water Extraction Damage In Your Frederick Area Home
Your water removal technician (WRT) needs to understand specialty drying situations before attempting to perform these services in your Frederick area home. You want someone with years of experience and training while also having access to more sophisticated types of extraction & drying equipment, moisture detection devices, and monitoring methods that enter the market every year.
We run into a variety of specialty drying situations while working in your home. In Frederick, water extraction damage can often occur, which is why we need to know what to do when faced with a problematic drying situation. Our technicians can identify tricky situations and provide creative solutions unique to your specific situation.
SERVPRO technicians may offer in-place drying of carpet and pad, under the right circumstances. The basic concept involves extracting water from carpeting thoroughly while using additional air movers and dehumidifiers. We leave the carpet and pad where it is; however, there are several advantages and disadvantages you should consider.
Disadvantages of In-Place Drying
• There is an increased amount of equipment.
• Possibly increased drying time.
• Not useful in every situation.
• Initial emergency services require additional labor-hours.
• Increased chance of mold growth if not done correctly.
• There is an increased chance of damaging the subfloor during extraction.
Advantages of In-Place Drying
• You experience less disruption in your home.
• Furniture can remain in-house during drying.
• Carpet suffers less damage, minimal chance of delamination.
Situations Not Appropriate For In-Place Drying
• Exposure is longer than 72-hours.
• Evidence of mold growth or biological contamination already exists.
• Carpet installed over hardwood or laminated flooring.
• Any evidence of structural damage.
• The loss is grey or black water damage.
• If multiple layers of subflooring exist, or a vapor barrier is present.
• The pad is non-porous or made of organic material.
SERVPRO technicians never use in-place drying as a primary method for all jobs. Our pretesting and evaluation of your specific situation helps determine the best approach. We work with you and your insurance company whenever necessary. When performing water extraction, our technicians continually evaluate the situation to make on-the-spot changes, should a specific method prove ineffective.
Call SERVPRO of Frederick County for access to 24/7 emergency cleanup and restoration services throughout Mt Airy, Brunswick, Middletown, and surrounding areas. Call (301) 662-1747.
For more about Frederick click here.